Monday, February 12, 2018

Bacon Risotto with Mushrooms and Peas {Instant Pot}


If I had to vote today on what would be my favorite thing to make in the Instant Pot, I would vote for risotto. I love risotto - the creamy rice, the endless meat and veggie combos, the "comfort food" component - I love everything about it. But I don't often have 30 minutes to stand at the stove and stir it. Enter the Instant Pot! It creates beautiful, creamy, delicious risotto with the cover on and sealed, and you can do something else in the meantime!


I have recipes here for risotto in the IP featuring shrimp and asparagus, Italian sausage, and I regularly adapt my favorite shrimp and spinach version for the IP too. But I knew there had to be other winning combinations.

As they say, necessity is the mother of invention, and I had a few things to use up in the fridge. And it worked out beautifully. Salty bacon pairs well with mushrooms and peas - I like the textures, the colors and the flavors! A win-win-win all around.


Have you made risotto in your IP yet? I hope you'll try it, I know you'll love it!

There are more great ideas at Inspiration Monday, Busy Monday, Inspire Me, Inspire Me2, Show and Share, Fabulous, Hearth and Soul.

Bacon Risotto with Mushrooms and Peas

6 slices bacon, cut into bite sized pieces
1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
1 cup Arborio rice
1 cup sliced white button mushrooms
1/2 cup white wine
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 cup frozen peas
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Set an electric pressure cooker to browning or saute, and add the cut up bacon. Stir and cook until bacon is almost done. Stir in the onion, and cook for 2 or 3 minutes, until the onion is translucent.

Add the rice and the mushrooms, and cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes, until the rice is very lightly browning. Pour in the wine, which will bubble immediately. Stir for 1 minute, until most of the wine has been absorbed. Then add the chicken broth all at once.

Lock the cover and turn the pressure valve (so it's not on venting.) Set on High Pressure for 6 minutes.

When the cooker switches to Keep Warm, immediately release the pressure. After the pressure indicator drops, remove the cover.

Stir in the peas and parmesan cheese until the cheese is melted and peas are warmed through. Serve immediately. (Risotto left in the pot will thicken substantially.) Makes 4 servings.

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.