Monday, January 16, 2012

Caramel Chocolate Pumpkin Blondies



As soon as I saw the title of these bars, I knew I would have to try them, and the sooner the better. I made them for a birthday party at work, and they were a huge hit. A colleague then made them and took them to a church potluck, where they were a huge hit. So there you have it, two testimonials.

The temperatures in these parts have been more like fall than winter, so I think it's still acceptable to be cooking with pumpkin. Oh, who am I kidding? I cook with pumpkin all year long. And without apology. It's just that good.

Start by combining the butter and brown sugar



and creaming them until light and fluffy. Add the egg, vanilla and pumpkin



and mix until combined. Add the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg



and gradually mix until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Spread about 2/3 of the batter into a greased cake pan.



Now sprinkle with the chocolate chips,



then pour the caramel sauce over the chocolate chips.



(You may need to microwave it for a few seconds so it will pour easily.)

Dollop the remaining batter over the caramel sauce



then spread it out carefully. There still may be some caramel peeking out, which is ok! Bake the bars for about 25 minutes or until they are golden. I especially like these topped with ice cream and drizzled with even MORE caramel sauce...



One year ago: Carrot Bran Muffinshhttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif
Two years ago: Baked Oatmeal

For more great recipes, visit Mangia Mondays, Menu Monday, Mouthwatering Monday, Your Recipe, My Kitchen, Tasty Tuesday, Tuesday at the Table, Tasty Tuesday (#2), Tempt my Tummy Tuesday, Made from Scratch Tuesday, Totally Tasty Tuesdays, Tasty Tuesday (#3), A Little Birdie Told Me, Crazy Sweet Tuesday, Let's Do Brunch, Cast Party Wednesday, What's Cooking Wednesday, These Chicks Cooked, Bake with Bizzy, Sweet Tooth Fridays, Sweets for a Saturday.

Caramel Chocolate Pumpkin Blondies

3/4 cups butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1 - 12 oz. jar caramel ice cream topping

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in eggs, vanilla and pumpkin until combined. Gradually add flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix until combined. Scrape sides of bowl and mix again briefly to ensure a smooth batter. Spread about 2/3 of the batter evenly into a greased 9x13 pan.

Sprinkle chocolate chips over top of the batter.

Microwave the caramel sauce (in the jar) at 50% power for 30 seconds, just to soften it and make it easy to pour. Pour the caramel over chocolate.

Place dollops of the remaining batter over the top of the caramel layer. Spread those dollops out to try and get a smooth layer of batter over top.

Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until edges are golden and a toothpick comes out free of batter when inserted. (It might come out with a little caramel on it which is fine.)

Recipe Source: Adapted from the Tasty Kitchen

8 comments:

  1. Wow does that look yummy. Just what I love in a dessert. Come visit us. We have a terrific banana bread and a wonderful cabbage recipe to share this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm in heaven. This looks amazing! Thanks for sharing it on Crazy Sweet Tuesday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! These look so yummy. Thanks for posting the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that looks so good, I really think this is a must try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look SO good! What a fabulous combination - pumpkin, chocolate and caramel - yum! Thank you so much for sharing these lovely blondies with Let's Do Brunch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is truly amazing. I love blondies plain. Can you imagine how much more, I would adore these. Would you link these to Bake with Bizzy? I would be a happy camper if I could see these,each time, I logged in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous way to sneak in some vegies while the kids aren't looking! I made my first batch of brownies this week...now I'm ready to tackle blondies! I think these might just be perfect for my dad's birthday this weekend!
    Di x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for sharing your talent and creativity on “A Little Birdie Told Me…” at Rook No. 17! Looking forward to seeing what inspirations you’ll share tomorrow!
    Warmest wishes,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.