Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thanksgiving Series: Zesty Cranberry Sauce



Once I discovered how delicious homemade cranberry sauce was, my Thanksgiving was transformed. And this is THE EASIEST side dish on the menu, and it can be made ahead, saving you time (and stress!) on the big day. Since I first made this or brought it to various holiday gatherings, it has been a repeated request - and that makes me happy!

This is a recipe repeat. For full step by step instructions, visit the original post.

Find more inspiration at Tasty Tuesdays, Tempt my Tummy Tuesday, Tuesday at the Table, Tasty Tuesday, Made from Scratch Tuesday, Totally Tasty Tuesdays, Tasty Tuesday, A Little Birdie Told Me, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Recipes I can't wait to try, What's on your plate?, Made it on Monday, What's Cooking Wednesday, These Chicks Cooked.

Zesty Cranberry Sauce

1 12 oz. bag fresh or frozen cranberries
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup orange juice
2 tsp. grated orange peel
1/8 tsp. cinnamon

Combine all ingredients in a large skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until cranberries begin to pop; about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Serve chilled or at room temperature. The sauce will thicken as it cools. Makes 2 1/2 cups, 8-10 servings.

4 comments:

  1. This looks sooooo good and you're right, EASY! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this dish looked so yummy that I included it in a T-day round up: http://www.familybalancesheet.org/2011/11/30-thanksgiving-meal-ideas-to-feast-on.html

    I hope you'll help me spread the word!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sara, (tina from Secret Recipe Club)! your email address isn't working can you please email me - tinahudgens@aol.com thanks a million

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm...I love homemade cranberry sauce and yours sounds wonderful -- the orange zest is the perfect touch!


    In this week of Thanksgiving I especially want you to know how grateful I am to have you be a part of the creative spirit and camaraderie at Rook No. 17. Thank you for linking up to “A Little Birdie Told Me…”!

    Yours,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.