Thursday, October 28, 2010

Fish with Boursin Cheese and Tomato Sauce



I love fish but I do not make it often enough. But now that I've found this recipe, I think I will be making it frequently! I was looking for a dish to use up some of the Boursin I have on hand - I buy the 3-pack at Costco and just haven't used it up fast enough. Now I have a reason to buy Boursin, and not just for crackers! This fish is super delicious and it's fancy enough for a dinner party but easy enough for a weeknight. (Pictured above with garlic-herb orzo pilaf and bacon-maple brussels sprouts.)

Start by brushing olive oil on the bottom of a 9x13" baking dish. Arrange the fillets in the dish,



and then dry the tops with a paper towel. I used tilapia since I had it on hand - you could also use cod or another white fish. Now spread on the Boursin, which is easier said than done. I had to use a combination of a knife and my fingers!



Top the fish with the tomatoes - I pureed mine first because I don't like chunks...



Then sprinkle on the parmesan cheese.



Bake the fish for about 20 minutes or until it flakes easily with a fork. The time may vary depending on the thickness of your fish fillets.

Find more ideas at Cooking Thursday, Foodie Friday, Food on Fridays and Friday Food, Ingredient Spotlight.

Fish with Boursin Cheese and Tomato Sauce

1 tsp. olive oil
1 pounds fresh white fish fillets (tilapia, cod, etc.)
1/4 cup Boursin cheese with herbs, room temperature (about 1/2 of a 5.2 oz. pkg.)
1 - 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, drained
2 Tbsp. shredded Parmesan cheese

Brush olive oil into baking dish to coat bottom. Arrange the fish fillets in the dish and dry using a paper towel. Spread the Boursin cheese evenly over the fillets. Pour the tomatoes over the tops. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serves 4.

5 comments:

  1. This would be a great date night meal, since our children do not like fish. They might try this though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious, I'm always looking for different recipes for fish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds lovely, and a great way to use up Boursin, which I always seem to have leftovers of!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the ingredients you listed, so I'm going to have to remember to do this the next time I make tilapia. Thanks for the inspiration!

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea for Boursin. I always put some in my mashed potatoes. Talk about delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.